When you think of figure friendly breakfast, you probably think of eggs, oatmeal, or Greek yogurt. But, you may not realize that pancakes can be a regular part of the breakfast rotation during your weight loss journey.
When you replace the flour with protein powder and rely on fruit and other natural sweeteners instead of sugar, you can enjoy pancakes regularly without inducing a sugar hangover or sabotaging your results.
Here’s a seasonal pancake recipe that will give you all of the fall time pumpkin spice flavor without giving you a sugar hangover over sabotaging your weight loss results.
Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes
- 1 Egg
- 1 scoop IsaPro
- ½ cup canned Pumpkin
- 1/2-1 T Water
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Spice to taste
- Coconut Oil
- Put all of the ingredients into a single serve mixer cup.
- Blend until all of the ingredients are mixed together and the mixture is smooth.
- If the batter is too thick, gradually add more water until the batter can be poured but is not runny.
- Spread enough coconut oil on your pan or griddle to coat the cooking surface.
- Heat the skillet until it is hot.
- Pour the batter onto the griddle or pan.
- When holes appear on the top of the pancakes, flip them over and cook for another minute.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan and enjoy.
So what do you think of this recipe? Will you give it a try? Let me know in the comments below.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links. That means that when you buy the products on those links, I receive compensation. I only link to products that I personally enjoy or wholeheartedly recommend. Thanks for supporting the brands that support me.
If you enjoyed this blog post and want more check out my latest offer by clicking the banner below.